7 Things God Wants You to Know about Yourself.
1. You are Loved. One of the most mind-blowing realities the Bible teaches is that the God of the Universe loves us! He loves you so much He sent His only Son Jesus to rescue you and bring you home. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
2. You Need Jesus. He desires to be the Savior of your Soul, the Leaders of your Life, your guide and your friend. Without Him, your life will never be what God intended it to be. With Him, you can experience all God has for you. Jesus did not come to make you religious; He came to make you alive! “Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6
3. You are a Masterpiece. You might now feel like it, but how you feel doesn’t change who you are! God’s sees you as a one-in-a-trillion priceless Masterpiece created in His Own Image. The Mona Lisa has got nothing on You! “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.” Ephesians 2:10
4. You are Forgiven. Once you trust Jesus for forgiveness, your sins are no longer counted against you, so don’t live in regret! You are not defined by what you’ve done. God never measures our value by what we’ve done or by what’s been done to us, but by what He has done for us on the Cross. God’s Grace takes away our sin and makes us a New Creation so we can live in freedom and peace. “if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.” 1 John 1:9
5. You are not Alone. We all have those moments where we feel lonely and abandoned, but even in your darkest hour, God is with you. He has never left your side and He never will. “…God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
6. You are part of God’s Family. Our faith in Christ brings us adoption into God’s family. You are literally a Son or Daughter of God and an heir in His Eternal Kingdom. “See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! “ 1 John 3:1
7. You have a Home in Heaven. Jesus is preparing a place just for you. A perfect place awaits where the trouble and pain of this life will be no more and you’ll celebrate forever with your Savior and all of God’s Family! ““Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.” John 14:1-3
Written by Soul Caffeine
or maybe i just met him.
Measuring 540 square feet, it shelters an auditorium for films, lectures and plays. The space also features a library with permaculture and local traditions books, and an art, music and fashion room for entertaining and creation.
So I have been talking to this guy I really like for about a month now, and I was at work one day, and he surprises me, holding my favourite Starbucks drink. I had lent him the book Looking For Alaska, because he said he never really enjoyed reading, and I told him this book would change that. So he told me he was done with it, and he took me home from work. We get in front of my house and he’s like “I want another book!” So I told him I’d run inside and get him Paper Towns.
As I was getting out he grabs me by my hand and says, “Wait! there’s this quote I wanted to show you on page… 123, I think. I like it a lot and I’m surprised you didn’t highlight it!”
And so I turn to the page, and there is this post it note pointing to that sentence.
I was asked out via a John Green book.
…an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. ‘Joseph, son of David,’ the angel said, ‘do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit.’ (Matthew 1:20, NLT.)
Have you ever felt overwhelmed or even afraid of what God has called you to do? Maybe you were pursuing a dream or goal and things didn’t turn out the way you planned. Joseph had planned to take Mary as his wife, but when he found out she was pregnant, he didn’t know what to think. He was afraid that he might be making a mistake because things didn’t turn out the way he planned. But, God sent a messenger in a dream to reassure Joseph that he was on the right path.
Today let me reassure you that God knows right where you are, and He knows how to get you to where you need to be. Even when things don’t go the way you planned, His hand is on you. Do not be afraid. Trust that God is working behind the scenes on your behalf, and that He will lead you into the life of blessing that He has prepared for you.
Prayer for Today
Father in heaven, I choose to trust in You. Even when things don’t go the way I planned, I know You are at work in my life. Thank You for Your perfect love which casts out all fear. I love You and surrender every area of my life to You in Jesus’ name. Amen.